- This event has passed.
National Broker Smackdown 2018
September 28, 2018 - September 30, 2018
The Leadership Academy’s National Broker Smackdown Championship will once again take place during ILF. Five teams – three regional champions and two wildcards – will battle it out live onsite over the course of 2.5 days for the industry’s ultimate bragging rights.
If interested in observing, contact email@example.com.
Storytelling & Emotional Intelligence
Two important aspects of the National Broker Smackdown program are Storytelling and Emotional Intelligence. Managing business relationships requires good social skills and the ability to build networks, influence others, manage conflict, lead teams and effectively initiate change.
These special components teach participants how to connect authentically with the thoughts and feelings of others in order to motivate and inspire them toward a desired outcome… because great leadership is built on more than technical competence, knowledge and drive.
- What is Storytelling?
Whether presenting to large groups, facilitating team meetings, or delivering messages one-on-one, effective leaders know they have to connect with individuals on both a rational and an emotional level. Participants will learn how to make those connections by practicing theater-based techniques that will help them build credibility, establish personal connections and communicate messages that stick.
Storytelling outcomes include:
- Ability to improvise and think on your feet with poise and confidence
- Ability to deliver messages using impactful vocal variety and body language
- Ability to act and speak flexibly and in the moment
- Understanding your own story and develop their own communication style
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
Self-awareness is the core of emotional intelligence (EQ), and an important leadership competency. The five key competencies of EQ will be defined during the program and participants will reflect on their EQ assessment results.
Emotional Intelligence outcomes include:
- Learning how the emotional brain works
- Learning ways to control emotions in work situations
- Motivating yourself as well as inspiring and engaging those you lead
- Ability to view a situation from another’s point of view and understand their perspective